SHIPPING & RETURNS
STANDARD SHIPPING: For orders under $100 3 – 5 working days, with a flat rate of $8.00.
FREE POSTAGE: For orders over $100, 3 -5 working days.
EXPRESS and INTERNATIONAL: contact our customer service on 1300 244 226 or email email@example.com
RETURNS: The Chia Co does not offer returns for food products. Returns will only be only applicable for product that has been deemed by The Chia Co as faulty or damaged product. See terms and conditions, Clause 1.3
CANCELLATIONS: orders can be cancelled within 24 hours of placing order, contact our customer service on 1300 244 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS
(a) Chia Australia will use all commercially reasonable efforts to deliver Chia Seed Products for which it has accepted an Order by the relevant Delivery Date and in agreed Order Portions.
(b) While Chia Australia will use all commercially reasonable efforts to deliver Chia Seed Products by the relevant Delivery Dates and in agreed Order Portions, failure to deliver part or all of the Chia Seed Product on time or in the agreed quantity will not entitle the Customer to terminate this agreement or claim compensation of any kind. Nor is the Customer entitled to reject Chia Seed Products on the basis of late delivery or a discrepancy between the quantity ordered and the quantity delivered.
(a) The Customer must, as soon as possible after delivery, check the quantity of the Chia Seed Products delivered against the quantity ordered and due to be delivered.
(b) Chia Australia is not responsible for making good any shortage unless the Customer gives Chia Australia notice of the shortage within 2 Business Days of delivery.
(c) If Chia Australia does not receive a notice under clause 1.2(b), the Chia Seed Products delivered will be considered to accord with the quantity ordered for the period specified in the Order and to be accepted by the Customer.
1.3 Defective Chia Seed Products
(a) The Chia Seed Products will comply with the Chia Product Standards.
(b) The Customer must, as soon as possible after delivery, check whether the Chia Seed Products are damaged or defective or otherwise fail to meet the Chia Product Standards.
(c) The Chia Seed Products will be considered to have been delivered in good condition and in compliance with the Chia Product Standards unless the Customer notifies Chia Australia of the damage or defect within 2 Business Days of delivery.
(d) If the Customer notifies Chia Australia under clause 1.3(c), it must:
(1) preserve the Chia Seed Products in the state in which they were delivered for 10 Business Days after it notifies Chia Australia; and
(2) during that period, allow Chia Australia to inspect the Chia Seed Products.
(e) Chia Australia will, at its option, provide a replacement, or give a credit, for Chia Seed Products only where:
(1) the Customer has given notice under clause 1.3(c) and complied with clause 1.3(d), and Chia Australia is satisfied with the Customer’s claim; and
(2) if Chia Australia elects to have the Chia Seed Products returned, the Chia Seed Products are returned to Chia Australia in the same condition as when first delivered to the Customer.
(f) So far as permitted by law, Chia Australia’s liability to the Customer in respect of damaged or defective Chia Seed Products or failure of Chia Seed Products to meet the Chia Product Standards is limited to replacement or credit in accordance with clause 1.3(e).
The Chia Co acknowledges its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU), and all US Privacy Laws.
We will only use personal data collected via the Website in accordance with these Acts and related regulations.
- You may interact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable.
- We may collect information about you that you choose to provide, such as your e-mail or postal address.
- We may collect non-personal information from you such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our web site.
- We are committed to keeping your information safe and secure. We use reasonable endeavours to protect your information to prevent access, accidental loss or disclosure. We use appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online and all customer data.
We do not use these technologies to collect or store personal information unless you have opted in to such a feature.
Uses and Sharing
- We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose.
- We will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have your express consent.
- We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law.
- When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies, mail houses or other contractors to The Chia Co we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do.
This Website contains links to other sites. Please note The Chia Co is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other Website to which we link.
When subscribing to our newsletter a visitor needs to provide the following mandatory information: Salutation, First Name, Last Name, Email Address. We reserve the right to amend this at any time. We use this information to personalise your communications.
Our newsletter will only be sent to you if have given us permission to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time, either via the link in the email, or by sending an email to mail.USA@thechiaco.com
The Chia Co will only retain your Personal Data for a limited period of time. This will be for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Please contact us if you wish to know more about our data retention schedules.
Notification in case of policy change
Your Rights & Choices
You have the right to request access to the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law.
You may instruct us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
How to Contact Us
The Chia Company
379 West Broadway NY NY 10012
ph. +1 212 226 7512