|Prep Time||30 mins|
|Total Time||1 hour and 30 minutes|
2 1/2 cups beetroot, peeled & cut to 2cm dice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cooked white quinoa
1 chia egg*
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 tbsp almond meal
1 tsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp flake salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tbsp chia oil
2 tbsp lime juice
¼ tsp flake salt
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut length way
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
4 wholemeal seeded buns, cut
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place cut beetroot on a baking tray, drizzle with first measure of olive oil and roast for 30 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the beetroot is tender. Once tender, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
3. While beetroot is cooling, place all other ingredients for patties in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Place cooled beetroot in a food processor and pulse until all pieces are broken up. Careful not to puree as you want a chunky consistency. Add to patty mix and stir to combine.
5. Divide mixture up into 4. Shape into 2cm patties and place on a lined baking tray. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, flipping over half way through.
6. Place cut sweet potato on another baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt. Bake for 30min, or until golden brown. Toss with a spatula half way through.
7. To prepare dressing. Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
8. Assemble burgers with parsley leaves, beetroot patties, fries and dressing. Enjoy.
*Mix 1 tbsp chia seeds and 3 tbsp water together and leave to sit for 5 minutes. This works even better if you have ground chia on hand. We recommend grinding down a cup of chia seeds and keeping them in an airtight container for future baking and cooking use.